Difference between blog and vlog : The Blog and Vlog can be viewed as important marketing resources for corporations, businesses and individuals. Blogging and vlogging are now common forms of earning money by writing content or producing videos in 2021. The main difference between blog and vlog is that blog is similar to a website where we can get any subject’s written content. On the other side, vlog is a video posted on particular topics on website like Youtube, vimo etc.
So, here we are discussing about what is the main difference between blogging and Vlogging in detail.
So what is a Blog?
A blog is a website usually hosted on the Internet. It seems to be one of many important communication and marketing tools. It can be managed by individuals from individuals to groups of people and large organizations that promote their products and disseminate information. A blog can have multiple functions, such as various texts, photos, GIF animations, and so on. The person who manages a blog is called a “blogger,” and “blogging” is an activity to publish meaningful information on a website.
Now what is Vlog?
Vlog means video log. The term “vlog” originally originated from blogs. It can be short videos to long video reports on various topics, such as commercial promotions, current events, technical products, and so on. Vlog content is generally shot with high-end cameras, high-quality microphones, and video equipment, and the content must be edited before being published.
Key Difference between the Blog and Vlog
|1||In the blog, the written content behind the visual content is missing.||In the vlog, much faster than written content, visual content gains popularity.|
|2||Blogs were initiated in 1990 and became popular in 2003.||Vlogs started in 2000, but after 2004 they became famous.|
|3||In the blog, the number of visitors is comparatively less than the Vlog.||In the Vlog, the number of visitors is comparatively more than the blog.|
|4||Maintenance for blogs is cheap, as we have to pay the web hosting fees. Blogs can be hosted for free most of the time.||Vlog hosting can be free or inexpensive, but buying equipment such as a camera, microphone, tripods, etc. needs a lot of expense.|
|5||The blog is used to write content like text, gif, pictures, and many more.||Vlog is used for Videos.|
|6||In the blog, we cannot stream any online event.||In the Vlog, we may stream any live event and reach a wider audience quicker.|
Main difference between Blog and Vlog
So Here, we are going to discuss the main differences between the Blog and Vlog.
- The blog is used to write the content and text. Whereas, in the vlog, the content is in the form of videos.
- A blog is an older concept launched in the year 1990, and people started blogging in 2003. When it comes to the vlog, it began in 2000 and then in 2004, and it was widespread.
- The number of visitors that visit the Blog and Vlog is not very precise, but the number of websites and blogs is much larger than the number of video channel platforms.
- Vlogging is often more costly because it needs different equipment, such as microphones, cameras and a complete setup. In contrast, blogging is not very expensive because it doesn’t require any equipment. It requires only a computer.
- The blog is supported by various platforms such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, blogger, and many more. In contrast, the Vlog is also supported by several platforms like Vimeo, Facebook, YouTube, and many more.